Cosmetic Dentist & Teeth Whitening Services in Valparaiso, Indiana
Cosmetic Dental Services: Our office provides several cosmetic services to help improve the look of your smile and boost your confidence, including teeth whitening, veneers, implant restorations, enamel shaping, gingival recontouring, braces, and cosmetic bonding. For more information on each type of cosmetic procedure, there are more detailed descriptions below.
- Dr. Helen Kirscher specializes in all aspects of general dentistry, including advanced cosmetic dentistry. With her background as a classical sculptor, Dr. Kirscher uses her technical training and refined artistry to completely transform her patient’s smiles, for less than you might think! Dr. Kirscher is extremely passionate about the option of cosmetic bonding, as it is non-invasive and can bring you a whole new smile without painful drilling and numbing. Our patients love this procedure which can be completed chair-side and in one visit, so your new smile will be ready to use right after you leave the office!
- When you look in the mirror, is there anything you would change about your smile? If so, this feeling is extremely common. Most people have one or more concerns with the appearance of their smile. Cosmetic bonding alone, or in combination with our other services, can correct for many common problems, including: staining or discoloration, chips and cracks, gaps or spaces, misaligned or malpositioned teeth, and even teeth that look too long or too short. Cosmetic bonding could be the simple solution that will improve your overall smile, and your self-confidence.
- Visit our smile transformation gallery to view some of our before and after cases!
- Dr. Kirscher can reshape your natural teeth by lightly contouring the tooth surfaces’ outermost angles and edges. This is a quick, natural solution for teeth that are slightly crowded, uneven, or chipped. Enamel reshaping is a procedure that can be carried out in one visit, and requires no numbing!
Gingival recontouring is an excellent procedure for correcting a “gummy smile”. Teeth that appear too small could simply be covered by excess gum tissue. Dr. Kirscher will reshape and push this soft tissue back to reveal the naturally beautiful smile hidden below. A common question is “Will this tissue will simply grow back?”. To that we are happy to say “No!”. Gingival recontouring is an easy, permanent solution to obtain a fuller grin.
- While many people desire a whiter smile, teeth can become easily discolored by many everyday culprits – coffee, wine, tobacco products, and even aging. Our office employs services that can combat unwanted staining, such as in-office bleaching sessions and custom bleaching trays. Professional whitening methods are stronger and more effective than store-bought products. In-office bleaching sessions can get your smile multiple shades whiter in one day! Additionally, our at-home bleaching trays are reusable and refillable; they can be used to maintain the results of an in-office bleaching or on their own for gradual, long-term results.